I am so grateful to be nominated for the award for those blogs and bloggers we consider beloved. I thank fellow author Luccia Gray for this award. To quote Luccia, “Liebster’ is a German word which means ‘beloved’ or ‘dearest’. It is awarded to bloggers whose blogs we love.”
Although it is delayed in coming, I thank you Luccia for gracing me with this award.
Luccia Gray (http://lucciagray.com/ focuses on many topics and began blogging about Jane Eyre and Victorian Literature. When you visit her blog it is quite apparent she is well versed in this period. Other interests grace her pages such as awards, about me, her novel, blog hops, challenges, book reviews as well as an ‘ETC’ page for everything else.
She describes her novel, All Hallows at Eyre Hall as a “great read. It’s an intriguing and exciting new Victorian, gothic novel, set in an imposing mansion, frequented by villains, heroes, lovers, and ghosts. Read chapter one, and you won’t be able to put it down!”
http://www.amazon.com/All-Hallows-Eyre-Hall-Breathtaking-ebook/dp/B00K2G4SXW/ref=pd_ybh_1 As an English and Literature teacher, she looks forward to finishing her second book in the Eyre Hall trilogy, Twelfth Night at Eyre Hall. You can watch for it by the end of 2014.
On a personal level Luccia dreams of visiting and writing about Jamaica. In her novel, this country is key to the lives o her characters, especially her main character in her first novel.
Once you have been nominated, please post the badge on your blog, and thank the blogger who gave you this award. Don’t forget to link back to their blog. Also keep reading below and answer the 10 questions below and write 10 new ones for those you nominate to answer them in turn.
Here are my answers to Luccia’s ten questions for me:
1. What motivates you to blog? I love the idea of self-expression of my heart to an audience that is experiencing the hurt and anguish I have felt in my life in regard to infertility. It has been my hearts desire to see compassion given to those who so desperately need to know they are not alone. Blogging is one way for me to bring people this compassion.
2. Choose a post you’d like us to (re)read. At this point I think one of my one personal favorites has to be “In Memory of Cassia” It demonstrates the power of the imagination and the strength of a dream.
3. What do you feel strongly enough about to discuss for hours? That would be the wonderful privilege to know that God is no longer angry at anyone… that all wrongs are forgiven and all the hope we need in this world comes from really knowing Him, knowing the Jesus who offers us the peace in this life we so desperately need if we only change direction and make Him the Lord of our broken lives. If you have a few hours I’d love to discuss this with you!
4. Write the first line of a novel. “Their eyes locked for only a moment, but in that moment FBI Agent Marcus Santini knew something was terribly wrong.” (The Copper Scroll by Joel C. Rosenberg)
5. Write the last line of a poem. “Heavenly Father, You’re my refuge and the God of all comfort, holding me, holding me in Your arms.” (poem written by Paula Hernando – hey that’s me!)
6. Where would you live if you could live anywhere? Okay, since you did not specify time and space, the answer would be: heaven! I am so looking for that beautiful place to be my eternal home. A place where love and peace are the daily weather forecast and friendships eternal with no more pain or suffering only great joy. I cannot wait to live with loved ones and the best LOVED ONE of all Jesus, whose love just raptures you. No tears, no fears, no pain, nor regret or remorse. Heaven is truly where I would rather be. However until my life and assignment is completed here, I will try to the best of my ability to bring heaven to earth!
7. Which book(s) would you take with you to a desert island? My Kobo… has over 25 books on it, LOL… Seriously, my Bible, and if permitted a few empty journals, Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance, Max Lucado’s trilogy: Chronicles of the Cross and Prayer by EM Bounds.
8. Which historical person would you like to have lunch with? I would love to have a lunch hour with Jesus and discuss my life. I mean Jesus in the flesh… cause I already speak with Him everyday. Hmmm I wonder what He’d order. I am sure He is sick of loaves and fish by now. He’d probably order pizza!
9. Which book would you have liked to write? I would have liked to have my own book in the Bible. First Book of Paula. No seriously. The Bible is continually a number one best seller and the number one book that is bound to be stolen off of book shelves. If the Disciples were paid royalties….
10. Which is the next book you’re planning to read? Nine days in Heaven by Dennis and Nolene Prince. A true story of Marietta Davis, who in 1848 experienced an amazing vision of heaven and hell that changed her life. Her vivid portrayal touched all who read it. I will get right on it as soon as my husband is finished!!
I am nominating these precious bloggers. Their posts are heartfelt and their stories are real. They deserve every opportunity for happiness and the Liebster award is well deserved.
Living Royalty – http://www.livingroyalty.wordpress.com
MindyMinix -www. mindyminix.wordpress.com
Littlejillybean – http://www.littlejillybean.wordpress.com
New to IVG – http://www.notsonewtoivf.com
Here are the questions I would like to ask them:
1. Who is your favorite author and why would you recommend them to another reader?
2. What is your favorite memory at age twelve?
3. What are you normally doing at 8:00 p.m on any given evening?
4. Do you have a book you are working on presently? What are you planning to call it?
5. What has been the most difficult challenge in your life thus far?
6. Where do you find comfort when life get’s tough?
7. What are the qualities of a really great novel?
8. Which of your posts is the one you re read from time to time? What brings you to it?
9. If you could know the timing, how would you spend the last day of your life?
10. What do you value the most in true friendship?
Okay nominees, now it’s your turn! I can’t wait to hear what you have to say. Don’t forget to post the ten questions to as many bloggers you’d like to nominate! Happy Blogging!